View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:30 PM

Default When (& if) to release Trip A\'s??

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: HouseCalls is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

I'm happy with this flop. Thought about check raising hoping for a late bet to trap the field for 2 bets but since I rasied I thought it might get checked around so...

<font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
My enthusiasm is beginning to fade...

<font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, HouseCalls calls, MP1 calls.

2nd hand at this table so I have no reads yet; didn't think I could give this up without more proof I was beat.

River: (16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
My hand's better but not good enough to beat the posssible straight I was worried about. I was willing to play for 1 bet but did not want to be faced with a raise. Too weak??

HouseCalls checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, HouseCalls calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.
Final Pot: 24 BB

At this point I figured I was pretty much dead (hard to believe that neither CO or button has the straight). Should I have saved the last 2 bets or was the pot too big to fold here?

My basic questions - should I have given up top pair/set here and if so when?