View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: N. Illinois vs. Akron -- Am I missing something?

[ QUOTE ]
1. The Zips have won won three of their last four, including shellackings of Ohio U and Kent State where they allowed a COMBINED six points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wins at home vs bad Ohio and Kent State teams doesn't really prove anything to me. Just my opinion though.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Earlier this season, Akron beat NIU, 48-42, on their home turf.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can argue that this was their last significant win of the season. Let's quickly summarize what they've done since then. Lost by 14 at home vs Central Michigan. Lost @Buffalo to a HORRIBLE Buffalo team. Got crushed @ Miami Ohio. Got SHUTOUT at home vs Army. Won @ Bowling Green -- fairly impressive but Omar Jacobs didn't play and if I remember correctly, PJ Pope was playing hurt too. Lost @ Ball State. And the last two games were the ones already mentioned. So the conclusion I draw is that they are ok at home but haven't beaten anyone of significance since September and meanwhile have lost some games to some bad teams. NoIl meanwhile has improved in every game since their last meeting and with Garet Wolfe (future NFL superstar btw) finally at full health, I think NoIl definitely has the advantage.

[ QUOTE ]
Two touchdowns and a hook seem like a gift to me...anyone agree or think I'm nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I checked the lines were NoIll -12 or -13. I'm on NoIl-12 FWIW.