View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: How did you get to where you currently are?

2 1/2 + yrs ago my friends started playing over the summer. So I started playing. We played 10$ and 20$ buyin games. We thought we were the best alive, period. Luckily I found caro's book of tells right away and immediately could stare into the souls of my friends.

My cousin suggested super/system early on, (he plays alot of poker as well) so I thought I was the next DB having read it. Found online poker november or so of 2003 (I believe) and started playing play money on pokerstars. Was able to sell several million play chips to start a poker br. Combined with a friend, we shared a 10$ roll and played 1cent/2cent nl.

We went on "wild" swings, including going down to 4.44$, before finally we had enough for 5.5 sngs and low limit. I multitabled NL25 and .5/1 limit (on a maybe 150$ roll) for a while.

A different friend found 2p2, suggested it to me, I read ToP and studied the game here. This helped substantially.

We won a 3$ tournament, gave our br a 1k boost, and split it up. I started reading 2p2 heavily and switched from .5-1 limit to just NL. (Which is why Im a limit retard!)

played my way up... Last semester I took off from college to play "professionally" (what a jopke!) in boston. I stayed at tufts w/ friends, multitabled 1-2NL and the like (and played in some boston games) but before the summer began I returned home and realized it's not what I wanted to do.

I still play way too much and read 2p2 way too much, last month was my first losing month, (I have no idea why) and this month seems to be in the same direction! But poker has been sweet on me.