View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: I favour a small efficient government

[ QUOTE ]
When you claim any gun is ideal to kill with you are just plain wrong. How far down main st. do you think you can go with a 6 foot musket strapped to your back. Now think of a 5 inch pistol hidden in your pocket. the pistol is obviously a better choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
So what you meant to say was handguns are more ideal for concealment, not killing. Almost all guns are ideal for killing. Not all guns are ideal for concealing. Here we agree.

[ QUOTE ]
so this 250 lb thug comes up to this old lady, pulls a gun and says give me your purse. The lady then whips out her pistol and blasts the guy in the chest? I see how this makes her as strong as the thug, but does she really stand a chance against an armed criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't you just shown that? I don't understand what you're asking, I guess.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course if i was a criminal and saw that more and more oldladys were carrying guns id simply kill them first then take their stuff, why risk a "fair" fight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps. Perhaps not. It's a big jump to go from armed robbery to murder. And with so many armed old ladies around, who's to say you won't get shot by the one behind you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The escalation of violence that can occur if everyine holds a gun is scary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe to you, but to those who don't like being mugged and raped, it may not be the scariest.