View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: 10/20 6max: standard call down or easy fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really don't like calling the turn, I think the Ah 9h are very tainted. we're getting 6.5-1 which is almost enough for six outs but we have reverse implied odds here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would give usmore than six outs, here, maybe 6.5 for our straight outs and another 1 for our Q outs. Add in the fact that we get to act last on the river and I don't think folding the turn can be right. We have to figure out how to play the river which is probably going to be tough but still I think we have too many outs here to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are vastly, and i mean VASTLY overestimating the range here that a villian with a .35 aggression factor has when he check raises this turn. The river is a very easy muck UI, he just about never has worse than 2 pair here. I like calling the turn and calling the river if it's a J straight card. Even a Q is questionable against a villian like this, which means with the tainted outs, it could just be best to fold here. I'm going to stick to call the turn raise and call a river bet if we improve, but we are drawing dead here A LOT.

Gabe