View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: 15 minute hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More details from Card Player

Some of the details are unclear, but about fifteen minutes ago at the Featured Table, one of the female dealers was quietly crying as she was replaced by the next dealer. Upon further investigation, one of the players at the final table was apparently being very critical of every mistake. According to Greg Raymer, it wasn't the content of what he was saying, but how he was saying it -- every criticism sounded like a spit in the face. If you took a transcript of what he said, it wouldn't appear to be very bad. But if you had to listen to it ...

It's a touchy situation, and the crowd applauded her in support as she left the table. Soon after, Tournament Director Johnny Grooms approaches the table to address the situation. Before he gets a chance to speak, the player leaves the table and goes over to say something to the dealer. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but their body language and everything else implies that he apologized to her.

When he returned to the table, Johnny Grooms had a brief, quiet discussion about respecting the dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

F this cry baby s_hit. He was probably saying something sarcastic like "awe, is hold 'em too complicated for you." No, he shouldn't have said anything... but this wouldn't even be an issue with 99% of male dealers. Any guy would just roll his eyes at comments like that... but the highly insecure chicks have to run off crying and make a big scene. Pfft.

Only in a world where feminine mellodrama is tolerated and supported by the utpmost PC of people would a situation involving a player making comments that "if you read them, wouldn't be very bad" a "touchy situation."

Yeah, I am sure the tone of his voice while saying otherwise unthreatening words was just bananas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for that insightful, informative post about an event of which you obviously have zero knowledge. Comments from people who were there, even at the table, indicated that the player in question was a jerk. Glad you could clear this up with the straight dope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote my response in response to what someone who actually was there wrote about the incident. It wasn't what he said, it was the tone in which he said it. Nowhere did I say he wasn't a jerk, nowhere did I say he should have said anything at all. I did say that this probably wouldn't have even been an issue with almost any other male dealer. If you would like to dispute this point by saying that, with the information available, you think a male dealer would also cry and make a scene in this situation, feel free.