View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: The Nuts... now what?

[ QUOTE ]

At the river, I waited 23 seconds before betting, hoping to trick UTG+1. The board obviously 4-flushed, I had the absolute nuts and thought a bit about yielding the maximum result.

I tried to appear bluffing, by faking to fear his possible flush, and then after a while deciding to bet. He called me down so far, so I figured it couldnt hurt to give it a try. Maybe he tried to bluff me, or even had a flush, i was going to win anyway.

As you can see it made me another 2BB, at zero-risk. I'd say thats not too bad, although this situation probably isn't that common. He had the second-nuts, that really helped calling my raise. I'm not sure what players would do after they raised my "bluff" and get reraised, I suppose they would fold, or feel too committed and call anyway.

What do you think about using the factor reaction-time at the river to induce your opponents? Is it even worth thinking about or is it way to marginal? Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just bet out. Don't wait that long. You have been betting the entire way and he will raise if he thinks he rivered you. Fancy play syndrom will only hurt your earn in the nano limits. Just play mostly straight forward and you will make money. Also playing for am image is almost moot because players are not paying attention to you anyway.