View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Logic, Math, and Politics

[ QUOTE ]
I curious to know what people in this forum have to say about a recent discussion in the politics forum.

Liberals are regularly criticized for not having any fundamental principals. In contrast, conservatives have an ideological viewpoint that is based in moral absolutes. Conservatives know what they want while liberals are constantly changing their position based on circumstance.

Let’s apply this logic to math class. I love the number 5. It’s always been my favorite number, ever since I was a little kid. How would I do in a math class where I refused to consider any answer but 5?

Is there any flaw in my logic that I’m not seeing?

[/ QUOTE ]

moral absolutes??? please these are just moral absolutes if you're a christian.

The real problem with both liberals and conservatives is that they refuse to accept any priority of social or econimic impact.

And no one can speak candidly on ANY topic. why can't a president sit down and speak honestly on a topic without some official answer. I would love to have two poeple in the political world sit down and just have a discussion on a topic.

oh yeah and your mathematics analogy is pretty ridiculous [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

it has close to nothing to do with this topic