View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Stud8 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wasn't clear in my post about why I was posting the twodimes scenarios. I agree with you on the issues of implied and reverse impied odds. In my opinion, the implied odds are very poor because pairingthe door 6 early (which is what most people hope for when they peel one off here) would be a major scare card, and you'd probably get very little worthwhile action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with the thinking that if I pair my door card I wont get any action. Stud and Stud8 play a lot different. If this were stud hi than i would agree that i probably wont get much action at all, but in stud8 it is much different. People aren't going to want to jam the hell out of it with me when I pair my door, but by the same means they aren't all going to autofold as they would in stud hi. THere are TONS of times when a player will pair his baby door card that he doesn't have trips. The truth of the matter is that most of the time the player won't have trips, most of the time the player will have 3 to a low and a small pair. I think the logic behind no one giving me any action at all when I pair my door card is flawed somewhat.

Scags

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, what I said was that you wouldn't get *worthwhile* action. You think that pair of 10s will chase you? You think those busted lows are gonna risk any more money beyond 5th? I just don't see it. I guess I play a tighter game.

I think this particular point is moot - those 6s are either partially or completely dead on 3rd...you aint gonna hit trip 6s enough to make this discussion worth having.

jmho.