View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: AA - 0.5/1.0 Party... protect or get out?

Preflop: Nice.

Flop: This is a very coordinated flop, and it's hard to know what to do here without better reads. SB "completed" for 3 bets preflop and then check/raises this flop... unless he is incredibly loose preflop (42 or a hand that connects for two pair on this flop for 3 bets preflop?!), I think this is a pretty good indication that he has a set. If you are ahead, I don't think a flop 3bet is the right move, because you have to dodge a good portion of the deck on the turn.

Turn: How many hands is LA-P raising preflop that have a 4 in them? This is a semi-bluff raise with a big pocket pair or (very unlikely) he raised preflop with 77 and hit his set on the turn. That said, I think you are certainly behind to one of these three hands, and are either drawing dead or drawing to a maximum of 6 outs (if you are behind to two pair and no one holds an 8). Getting 5:1 with a possible 3bet behind you (SB liked his hand a lot on the flop), this is a fold.

River: I'm still not believing that LA-P has the straight. Not sure what he has though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice hand.