View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: boring basic crap hand I was thinking about in the shower

I haven't read the replies yet (the right answers) but here is my thoughts.

I totally agree with you preflop on your thoughts of 3 betting or calling. If I have no reads and not many hands, then I go on this, if the table has been folding a lot to the blinds, I'm 3 betting, if it's been normal or lots of limpers and now it's folded, I'm calling.

I think for this hand if you want to win it (the cheapest way) I would probably aim at raising the flop and betting the turn. If he check/raises the turn, I'd fold and have spent 2 BBs. If he SnG on the turn, I'd fold thus 1 BB. If he 3 bets the flop, I'd fold, thus 1 BB.

If we take the approach of call flop, raise turn, if he 3 bets us on turn we can fold but it cost us 1.5 BBs and we didn't win. I think the problem comes if he calls, now we have 1.5 BBs and near no chance of winning on the river unless we bet so that is 2.5 BBs and the chance he calls with 9s compared to calling our turn raise and calling river with a high card.

When you say he seems decent, a decent is gonna raise more than just with an A in the hand. If I knew he would raise things like T9, 76, 97, then I would probably just call preflop, raise flop and bet turn. If I thought he was raising mostly good cards, I'd call flop and raise turn cause I think he may even lay down Ts-Qs here (a lot of players seem to not fold Ks).

FYI, I like these types of hands.