View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:22 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: boring basic crap hand I was thinking about in the shower

i do think raising is better than calling. your play is very much in line with a slowplay so its hard for him to pay off with K high. sometimes he might even fold a small pair. the bet is pretty fearless, and often fearless bets come with a plan to fold to a raise. if he was geniunely fearful with his K9 he would probably check-call you. still, the majority of the time you'll be shown Ax, KK-99. his K high hands hed likely check-call. as for a pure bluff, he mightve given up by now. not a great board for that. i think this is a fold. i think your preflop-flop-turn lines are fine. flop might be a fold depending on the player but many are loose enough that you have enough outs and can sometimes take it down improved. you also have some outs to let you peel on the turn, like the T. and i dont think he will fire 3 barrels with an A on the board, so you might have an easier time than usual getting to sd if your hand is best