View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Looking for a coach.

[ QUOTE ]
but LAGs definitely make it hard not to pay off when you have a hand that is supposed to pay of

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course you know this, but don't feel bad about paying these guys off when you have to. I find that these are exactly the kind of hands that I second guess myself about when I'm running bad, but second guessing these kinds of hands can lead to developing a propensity to fold too much so be careful.

I feel like you are a stronger player than me, so you are probably also mentally stronger so you probably don't need the last paragraph. But I'll offer it up to you anyway, and hopefully you can make some use of it.

The variance at 10/20 is heavy and rough. It's not fun when you're running bad, and it's certainly not fun losing big pots to players who you really feel are worse than you. Because of the extremely aggressive nature of the game though, it does happen. Don't be hard on yourself when you pay a guy off, don't be hard on yourself when you fold, don't be hard on yourself when you _know_ you've just made a bad play, because in this type of game all of those things are going to happen. And you're going to feel like an absolute donkey sometimes, or you are just not playing good poker. At least that is my opinion.

I don't know how many tables you play, but right now I am 2-tabling 10/20 6max and have been for a while. I gotta say that I've never been happier, never had more ease of mind, and never had a higher winrate (and hourly rate) than since I have started 2-tabling. It has also allowed me to make significant developments in my game. I highly reccomend giving it a shot if you're playing more than 2 tables.

Best of luck to you entity. I have heard that Alobar is a really good shorthanded coach, don't know if he still does it or not though.