View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: A problem with some religous views

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If any religion claims this then your logic seems to flows (almost). You are stating that you have a problem with said religions. You are saying said religions exist. You say at the end “…or that religious view is mistaken”. If indeed there is such a religion , the religious view isn’t mistaken per se - it is just a view that you don‘t agree with. It might indeed be a mistaken view as far as what is the True religion. But, I am not sure that point is clear as written. So, I think this part needs ammended.

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else I am learning something because I thought this statement was accurate about some religous views.

Hpowever, nowhere in the argument do I assume that such religons exist. Sorry if what I said was misleading.

The (hopefully more clear) argument is that if I find a religon that subscribes to the view in that statement, then because I find the god of that religon morally repugnant then either my morality misleads me, god isn't good or the religon is mistaken.

Logically valid and do you agree with conclusion. If not, why not?

Thanks

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds more like what you seem to want to say. It is what I think you should say, if that means anything.