View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Who are the dumbest poker professionals?

I remember reading the thread about who Sklansky thought were the smartest professionals, and I don't know if this has been brought up, so I am asking who are the dumbest professionals?

I am talking about the players who have managed to become big money makers or famous, but who would be incapable of suceeding in any other profession requiring half a brain. Perhaps they are severly overrated, or perhaps they are statistical anomolies, but they make you go: if he can do it, anybody can!

I am bringing this up because I was watching one of the "Poker Insight" DVD's and saw TJ Cloutier spazz out on Greg Raymer who was explaining the use of pot odds and the chances of an oponent bluffing for deciding to call on the river. It's like Cloutier has no mathematical clue whatsoever. Yet he is the top money maker in tournaments. Then Men "The Master" Nguyen gave sophmoric advice for beginning low stakes players which seemed to take 10 minutes to explain (and I am not talking about a language barrier either).

And of course there must be players who you think are just having their 15 minutes of fame for some fluke outcomes at a tournament and conveniently being on tv at the same time.

So you have heard my two picks. Who do you think?