View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 04:34 PM

Default Re: World Championship Bowling Today

Eh?...Eh?...Did I steer you wrong? Great championship. For those who missed it, it will be reaired on ESPN2. Check your listings. In my area it will be on Wednesday at 4:30 AM EST, and Friday at 8:00 PM EST.

Walter Ray is the man! First to clear 300K AND 400K in a season, number 1 world ranking, highest season average, a title plus two majors this year including the world championship.

Weber needed 2 strikes and 9 to tie the game in the 10th frame. He is very capable of that, but only made 9 on his second ball. That was an exciting one.

I wished that Parker Bohn could have played Walter in the finals, that would have been great. He didn't win a tourney all year even though he was consistent enough to be ranked 6th in the world. He could have made it if he didn't miss that 2-7 split. That isn't that hard a shot, and Parker is a great spare shooter. He makes a big deal in his book about shooting hard and straight at most spares including that one, so I don't know why he used his strike ball.

Kretzer could have won the final game if he didn't get that 7-10 split. He may become a good one. This is only his second year, and he has already won a title, made the finals in the world championship, made 46K last year with 2 300 games, and made about 87K this year.