View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: A few questions because I hate this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I think check-raising the flop might be your best action, but as you played it, I think I would check-fold the turn.

The pot is definitely huge, but in a large field, your hand is almost certainly behind, if you bet the flop, you have little chance of having anyone fold. Check-raising might get A5 or K7 to fold, but I doubt it. Unfortunately, you have no backdoor draws, there is a siginificant chance you're reverse dominated now (by those same people playing Ax/Kx). I think you have a strong enough hand that you can't fold, so try and knock people out and buy some outs if you can.

On the turn, I think your hand sucks. If there were one or two opponents you might bet to try and win it, but that's just not happening here. I would think a check-raise behind you is certainly a possibility as well. The pot is big, but I don't think you have enough of a hand to continue.

Folding the river is pretty standard, I think. One person waking up and another calling, overcalling is just spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like check-raising this flop too.

Is there anything to be said about this line: call flop, c/r turn given that a scare card does not come out. Waiting until the turn to c/r when a scare card doesn't come out might be more effective at protecting even though you only have 1 out to go and, seeing as MP3 was the 3-better, it's likely he's not betting a 9.

Not sure what the paradise 1-2 games are like, but in a perfect world this might get you a free showdown ...