View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Good time for turn sexy?

[ QUOTE ]
i might check call and bet the river here...unless hes an idiot whos going to call your checkraise with a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dont understand this line. To me the line on the turn is either bet/call a raise, or check with the intention of raising and call a 3 bet, and on rare occasions against the right maniacal opponent bet/3bet call a cap. Checking and calling just doesnt make sense, if the villain is drawing this is the last street we can make him pay for it. Not taking an aggressive action on the turn is just giving up value IMO.
Also there are all kinds of draws that the villain will call a checkraise with, this is a very coordinated board, obviously any flush draw/OESD will call, thats all the information the hero needs to make this play. The hero has his market, the question is what line should the hero take to extract the most value here. There is not enough information given to know which line is best, but checkraising can easily be better than betting depending on the tendencies of the villain, the more aggressive the villain is the more I favor checkraising over betting. Of course if the hero is against a maniac, then I would prefer the bet/3bet line.