View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: a couple of notes on the live at the bike....from seat 2

yeah, after looking at the flop action, I can better understand why you did what you did.....I was under the impression that you flat called seat 6's raise and then seat 5 made it $1k....but with seat 5 just calling your raise on the flop, I can understand your bet on the turn (particularly with his image) as you're most likely ahead in that spot.....only thing one could say is that you might've not re-raised the flop but just called instead.....several reasons for that: if you're against a set you'd love to see a cheaper turn (and save money on the flop and not give seat 6 the option to rereraise), if you're against even just the lone A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you're practically even money so playing a big pot on the flop doesn't give you much equity compared to waiting for the turn, a raise is gonna fold out exactly the type of hands you want to keep in (hands like JhJx or ThTx).....but other than that, I can't fault you for the way you played it - seat 5 happened to have a set that time.....also, for the river (assuming you are comfortably bankrolled for the game) I would've just run it once.....whenever I'm a dog in a pot, I want to run it as few times as possible (namely: once) because the last thing you want to do is decrease variance......