View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 PM

Default QQ OOP vs loose-ish table (attn: -Skeme-)

Another hand to add fuel to the debate of whether to reraise preflop or not. Butchered this one pretty badly I'm sure.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter

UTG ($38.05)
MP ($116.90)
CO ($214.10)
Button ($657.75)
Hero ($238)
BB ($115.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $11, BB calls $10, MP calls $8, CO calls $8.

Flop: ($60) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10, BB calls $10, MP folds, CO folds.

Turn: ($90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB calls $30, Button calls $30.

River: ($180) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $63.5 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $127</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $370.50

My thoughts:
The PT table averages were 65 VPIP 11 PFR.

Preflop -
I wanted to reraise preflop to isolate, but what I would not want to happen is have multiple callers and an ugly ass flop. I don't know why I didn't think there would be multiple callers in this situation, creating the potential for even worse mistakes.

If I made it ~39 to go pre, the button would definitely call (the loosest of the bunch, not very agg though), and it might be trouble on a few flops (he had no problem calling large bets to chase or if he thought he had the best hand). I put the button's range on AQ-AK os/s, 99-AA.

Flop:
Obviously a great flop, but I wasn't sure how far button would take a non-nut hand. If I bet and get raised, do I push here and hope for the best? When he bet that small amount for some reason I feared a monster (AK). With a draw to the nuts, I decided to call, also because the other players would likely stay in with an ace, king, or 9 to even a pot-size reraise. My passivity preflop and on the flop cost me the hand but I thought I didn't want to fold the winner with the impartial information I had. (any scare card might get a fold out of me on this table)

Turn:
Bet to price myself into the nuts, pretty sure I was beat after two calls.

River:
Not over-calling anything

On these table conditions is it better to just bet the [censored] out of it preflop, OOP?