View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: The Worst Poker Article Of All Time

Yeah. This was discussed extensively in the General forum about a week or two ago (I had a couple comments in there).
I also x-posted the article to my blog and received more comments on it than I usually do.

Among my comments over in the general-forum thread on this was an e-mail from my Dad (who had seen it on my blog) who said that there have actually been 'experts' who used the same kind of reasoning to 'prove' that the stock-market was similarly unable to be beaten in the long-run.

I also added that this Stephen Katz guy has appeared in a handful of articles on the evils of online-poker.

He plays the so-called 'expert' who speaks of the addictive qualities and the fact that anybody who thinks they can beat the game is kidding themselves because you aren't playing real people anyway and the evil site takes out all this rake.

Barron - meowmeow e-mailed this guy and he actually wrote back with more idiocy. It was in that thread in the general forum as well that you may be interested in checking out.