View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

[ QUOTE ]
but online most anyone who plays regularly has no such expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that online there are lots of players who just don't know that they aren't supposed to discuss such things.

That's why I will polite tell them to 'please not discuss strategy or team-stalling at the table' or something like that.

I guess it's kind of similar to a T/D giving a player a 'warning' in a live tourney.

I don't do it much....there have been times where I've seen the discussion where I just didn't bother.

I've probably mentioned it to an opponent 6 or 7 times or so...and most of the time they politely apologize and agree they shouldn't discuss it (or someone else backs me up).

Again...on Stars this is no longer an issue on many of the tourneys because the chat is disabled before you get to that point (but not on all of their tourneys/satellites...not sure on this one).

If the player is particularly aggressive in their team-stalling discussion then I'll either tell them to stop or I'll report it to C/S.

I don't have 'the expectation' that all tourneys (online or live) are automatically going to run smoothly.
But if theirs is an error of ignorance (and it usually is...they just don't know...or casually 'forget' that they aren't supposed to talk about it) then how will it stop if they aren't asked to stop OR if support doesn't step in and say "that is not apporpriate at the table" etc etc etc.