Thread: commerce hand
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 AM

Default Re: results

GoG,
So basically you figured you had 23 outs on the turn. The eight clubs (the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] doesn't help you), eleven diamonds, and four offsuit cards that make your straight. You thought you'd get paid off with any of the clubs, and the non-diamond straight cards, while you could bluff and take down the pot with any diamond. Is this the right idea?

Here's where I'm confused. You said your read of his read is that he put you on diamonds. Does this still hold after you called the overbet? Does your call maybe make him think he's beat with top two or big ace?

What would have been your line if you got there on the river with say an offsuit nine or a low club? What about a diamond that completes your straight?

One more thing. Was there a chance this guy knew that you'd think an overbet meant he wasn't full, so he'd go ahead and make the big bet so that you'd call with your draw? Are there players in this game that would make a move like that?

There's a lot of questions here but this hand is really interesting and I don't quite understand all of it.

thanks,
Justin A