View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

[ QUOTE ]
You use your [censored] head. Jesus christ. Quit quoting the "2.13/hr" number. You know you are going to get tips over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite true, but I'm simply explaining to people that tips are almost all of my income.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't [censored] bitch about the one time you got [censored] stiffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a lot worse threads in this forum. Also, I've already said that I'm over it. Now I'm simply defending myself against the hoards.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell me how hard your [censored] job is either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't. But, read below for a little clarification.

[ QUOTE ]
You wait tables. I paved driveways for 3 years and you know how many times I got a tip, once for $20 split 6 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and oranges. I've had a shitty manual labor job before, and I can't at all compare it to my server job. The stresses are just completely different.

With my manual labor job, I'd be working my ass off physically for hours on end in the hot sun. At my server job, I stay indoors and talk to people. Sure, I carry food, but it's not heavy. However, the stresses are completely different. A manual labor job works your muscles hard. A server job works your brain hard. If you laugh at that, go get a server job for a week and see what I mean. We've had people walk off the job during a big dinner rush.

Let me just put it this way: I fly multiengine aircraft in instrument conditions, and there are times when my server job is more difficult.

Also, in regards to your "$20 split 6 ways": Were you considered a tipped employee by the government, or...?