View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I understand now!

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, you win. You're right, I'm wrong. I shouldn't go into work expecting tips at all. I should just live with the $2.13/hr that the restaurant gives me (because they're evil, not because I'm considered a tipped employee by the government), and try to make ends meet with $300/month (in reality much less than that, considering I'd have to pay money to go to work if I wasn't tipped).

Does that sound smart to you? If it does, then you should just stick with poker and never get into the working world.

Use your [censored] head.

[/ QUOTE ]

You use your [censored] head. Jesus christ. Quit quoting the "2.13/hr" number. You know you are going to get tips over time. Don't [censored] bitch about the one time you got [censored] stiffed. Expect that for all the other tips you receive that you get stiffed sometimes. Do you think businesses don't get checks that bounce or uncollectable accounts. They do, but they don't go and post about it on a message board. They actually take it into account that for all their sales they will have 2% or 3% that is uncollectable and adjust. Don't tell me how hard your [censored] job is either. You wait tables. I paved driveways for 3 years and you know how many times I got a tip, once for $20 split 6 ways.