View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Ever pay 2 BB\'s to see what villian is up to?

If you already knew he was a calling station, you can safely fold just about anything to a checkraise.

I only call in that situation when I have too much hand to fold. Here's somewhat of an example from last night: Villain (MP2) here has an incredible 96/35/1.5 profile.

Full Tilt .50/1 (9-handed)

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">MP1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">MP3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">BT folds</font>, <font color="green">marchron completes</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="green">marchron checks</font>, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="green">marchron bets</font>, <font color="#666666">BB folds</font>, <font color="#666666">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">CO folds</font>.

River: (4.5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">marchron bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

Granted, I wasn't checkraised. Still, I thought the likeliest hand I was facing was a very-slowplayed trip-10's, but since I had top two (granted, with a board kicker), I thought my odds of winning/chopping were just barely good enough to call. Plus, with a villain as psycho as this, I didn't think waiting two streets was in her repetoire.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB (after rake)

Results:
MP2 shows 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Tens)
<font color="green">marchron</font> mucks A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
Outcome: MP2 wins 8.25 BB, but surrenders more to marchron on later hands when marchron's updated read lets him clobber the [censored] out of her.