View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: So I Kicked an Old Lady to the Curb Tonite (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful. Great lesson to teach your children: Bad behavior warrants worse behavior. Too bad your domicile is not in the tundra so the wolves could finish where you left off.

Next time, just laugh at her or ignore her. She's a lonely, bitter, frustrated, scared old lady faced with impending mortality; in other words, pitiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my kid was being a brat, he would be sent out of the room for timeout, and then a spanking if his behavior persisted (which is what happened with the fork throwing incident - he ended up getting a timeout first, and then a spanking because he wouldnt apologize). I gave her a chance to not make more rude comments by letting her know that I didnt appreciate them, and she made another one, clearly loud enough for everyone to hear. Just because she's old, cranky and has whatever other problems, doesnt mean she has the right to be rude to me, my family and my friends in my house at an event she wasnt really invited to in the first place. After sleeping on this, I feel much better about how I handled it.