View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 08:07 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: How much money do you need?

[ QUOTE ]
What you are missing in all this is that capitalism and the free market allow for more personal freedom and creating your own path more than any other economy, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

Why should ANYONE be able to tell you how much you deserve to have, or what your family deserves to have? Shouldn't you be able to provide for yourself and your family as you wish?

Why you would worry, or care about, what Bill Gates has or makes, I don't know. Whether or not you feel like he has too much, or doesn't do enough with his money, is irrelevant.

We live in a society/economy with more economic and entrepreneurial freedom than anywhere else in the world by a LONGSHOT. And while the upper echelon of people control a large portion of the wealth, these are still the people that run/own businesses, where many of us are employed and have the ability through that to provide income, health care, and numerous other benefits to their families.

And all of this has only led to an economic stability and quality of life that is equaled by few places in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing that we don't have it better than the majority in the world. I'm saying that we still have a LOT of room for improvement.

I believe about 5% of the population controls around 70% of the money/assets, correct? Does that seem balanced to you?