Thread: AQ donked
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: AQ donked

Thoughts on the flop raise either of you?

It is fine. There are two things that I consider when choosing to raise or call the flop.

1) How many people are in the middle

2) Do I have a one card BD flush draw

The bigger the number for part (1), the more I am inclined to wait it out and see what the turn brings. Likewise I'm more inclined to wait when I don't hold a key blocker (in this case the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). So this is a picture perfect time to raise the flop IMO. Make your hand A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and put 4 callers in the middle and I'll wait until 4th street. (This is for a ring game. Don't really know how much things change in a SH game.)

Brad

Part (2) could very well be based on faulty logic and it would be interesting to see if it actually is better to wait without a flush redraw. My argument is that you will not be able to get a raise in with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes since you have to payoff all bets (therefore I like to get my value raise in now). Without the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you can raise when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes and easily get away from it should someone make it 3-bets.