View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: fire the third barrel?

[ QUOTE ]
Can't you check-fold this river? I know you're getting good pot odds but it seems the only hand you beat is KQ, and many people could have folded that on the turn. I think you see a straight (TJ) or a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not picking on you personally, but I think that this is yet another example of weak-tight play that is beginning to become commonplace on this forum.

First of all, if he had a straight, villian would have almost definitely moved in on the turn to knock out a flush draw.

Secondly, just because people at these levels play almost any two suited, it isn't necessarily true that every time the third flush card comes out that they have a made hand.

I can find a check-call here (NEVER a check-fold without a read), but I much prefer the way that OP played this hand. I think 90% of the time, you're winning (more often against KQ or QJ) or chopping (obviously less often). Even when you lose with this betting pattern, I think it's against 2 pair, like 89. If villian played a flush draw this way, oh well...put him on your buddy list because if he draws without odds, then you're going to make money off him more often than not.