Thread: 2006 SNG Goals
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: 2006 SNG Goals

[ QUOTE ]
PS I know this post is going to be all happy go lucky I hope I make another 200k from the $215's, but I'm hoping some of you will man up and let us know what weaknesses you plan to improve in 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, okay.....lay a guilt trip on us. Now I'm forced to be honest. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I also plan to rebuild my bankroll. I did some stupid things with it in 2005 and now I'm back down to the $6.50s. That's okay, though, because I have leaks and I really should go into "start over" mode. This is why I'm not bummed.

The leaks: Booze. I get home, have a few beers while doing chores around the house, have a few more before, during, and after dinner, and by the time I fire up the laptop to play a few sets, I'm good and buzzed. Must stop that.

Taking shots: I have to get a grip on this "take a shot" mentality. Many things have killed my bankroll, but one in particular has been from taking shots at 55s and 109s when I have absolutely no business even being there, yet. Fixing the leak above may help this one, now that I think about it.

Concentration: What was I saying again? Oh yeah, concentration. I play so mechanically that I don't pay attention until it gets close to the bubble. I always wish I had a better read on opponents and always kick myself for not paying attention earlier on. I will change that in 2006.

Study: In 2006, I vow to actually study. I'm one of the guys here who embarrassingly hasn't learned ICM. I will get all the software and use it. Pokertracker is the exception. I've had that for a couple years now, but don't use it to its fullest potential. This resolution would include actively looking at my HHs and replaying games to find stupid mistakes.

Lastly, by this time next year, I hope to be playing 55s and up. I've spun my wheels at this game for way way way too long. Three years of daily play and I'm at the $6.50s. 2006 absolutely has to be the year I break out of the rut and get some discipline.

Onaflag............