View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Math and poker.

I think that you may be correct in your assumption that he is talking about the 'end game' here, not necessarily the 'beginning game'.

I really think that 'math poker' is the same thing as ABC poker, basically you are making all your decisions based on what you actually know (being your hand, the cards on the board, and the pot size). When poker gets more complicated you have to start factoring in all the unknowns (player reading, card reading, etc.).

So the question then becomes, can you win with ABC poker? I think that the answer is us, up to a certain level. Based on what I have read I think that the following is the level of ABC poker, 5/10 Limit (online), 10/20 Limit (live game), 200 NL (online), and 50+5 SnGs (online). However keep in mind that the % of the player base that is learning ABC poker is greatly increasing and as this happens these limits will lower.

So if you want to play in the 100/200 Limit game (either live or online) math will be a small part of the skills that are needed to win at this level.

Margon