View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Why The Democrats Don\'t Get It

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My take on that, Russian Bear, is just this: had Saddam's regime actually been where it was believed to have been as regards WMD and/or WMD development, then all of those statements would have been appropriate. And since it was widely so believed, those statements were indeed appropriate, even if found somewhat erroneous in hindsight.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I was responding to the post that said Bush never made such statements when in fact he had.
2. Maybe we should've made damn sure Saddam's regime was where we thought it was before making asses of ourselves.
3. It was widely believed? Other than the administration and the puppets in England, who believed that nonsense?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. OK, fine.

2. That isn't how things seem to work in international affairs, or in intelligence assessments/decisions/ national security matters. Just being "pretty sure" generally must suffice, since that is usually all you have to go on; and because: A) it is often nearly impossible to be 100% sure, and B) if you wait until you are 100% sure, it can easily be too late, sometimes with disastrous consequences.

3. Besides the USA and UK: the governments of Australia, Israel, Russia, and Germany. Probably Italy too, and some others I don't recall at the moment.