View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Stud hi hand

Carlos,

I think if you play this hand you should re-raise on 3rd street. I hate to cold call 3rd street with what could be a lower pair because you are making a mistake one way or the other. If he actually has aces its a mistake to call and if he doesn't have aces its a mistake not to re-raise to get it heads up. So atleast by re-raising you have a chance that you are making the right play. Barry Greenstein talks about this concept in his book "Ace on the river"

The raise on 4th street looks OK to knock out seat 8. But like I said before I think if you're willing to raise on 4th street to knock out players you might as well do it on 3rd.

I would just call on 5th street like you did. Normally I'd like to raise here with such a big pot but I really don't think you're gonna make anyone fold after 4th street.

I might raise on 6th street. First off I think there is a good chance you have the best hand here since you have the ace. Seat 3 could have pocket kings or queens here. The two benefits of the raise here is that seat 8 is definitely on a draw and if you indeed do have the best hand you want to get him out of there. Secondly, you gain more information from seat 3. Even if hes really tricky, I think if he 3 bets on 6th street you can be fairly sure he has trip aces and can fold on the river, although it would be a tough fold.

I like the original raise on the river but I would just call when he re-raises.