View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Can we get a discussion on early level play? 20% ROI at 22s?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the same boat as all the other whining $22ers, this thread is good but we still don't have much advice other than that it IS possible. Can we get anything else outta you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between 15% and 25% is probably experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was at 9% ROI for my first 500 $22s, and 35% for my last 500 so you can see just how little a sample even 500 is. Granted, I did get better between those two samples for sure (Irie helped me plug all my huge leaks and turned me into a winning player, and I also picked up SNGPT after the first 500 and started to make nearly 100% good bubble pushes and folds. I think I make a bad push/fold about once a week at most now. I'm not playing perfect ICM or anything but I very rarely will give my opponents a big screwup in the late game.

I completely agree with Lorinda about the big difference being experience. I also think postflop play can add so much ROI for you, and that's something I've just been getting better at with experience and effort (and reading every single post by my postflop heros like Adanthar, Lacky, Unarmed, Irie, curtains, citanul, Raptor, Big Limpin', etc). I'm getting more chips in the middle stages than I've ever had before, picking up uncontested pots in spots that make sense to do it, and that's definitely helping.

Also, my $33 results are definitely heaterific. I was running at 40+% ROI until game 450ish and then I dropped all the way down to 24% so it's not like I'm the $33 master or anything, I've just been playing decently and running real good. I plan on sticking around the 800-chip games for a while so I'll let everyone know when I've got 2500+ games at the $33s. Hell, I'm playing the $22s right now just because I find them so comfortable. I should go back to the $33s but I keep withdrawing down to my $22 bankroll of 70 buyins.