View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

Let me say for starters that this is an extremely valuable program for me; moreso than pokertracker or the headsup display programs.

I have no desire at all to buy thousands of dollars worth of monitors and then have to beat my brains out moving my mouse pointer over acres of screen space to play the 14 tables that I now play with your program.

My three concerns with the current program are:

1. I am entirely dependent on Party and skins. Party is doing their best to eliminate rakeback, which is an important part of my income. Naturally I would like to see this program adopted to other sites, probably Prima, since there seem to be several lucrative bonus and rakeback schemes on Prima sites. I think it would be a waste of time to adopt the program to crypto sites since their software is so vexing in general and their new "speeded-up" games (shorter response time) would drastically reduce the number of tables we could effectively play. Pokerstars with their 5-table max would also be kind of pointless.

2. I purchased a cheap LCD monitor at Walmart and run it off my laptop for table selection (keep the games on the main screen and the lobbies and the tables window on the monitor). This works very well. However with the present program, the game tables have to be on the main screen. I would love to have the program work with the games on the auxiliary screen so that I could read email and surf the net while playing.

3. My last concern is the "multiple-car-pileup" effect already alluded to above. Literally EVERY SINGLE TIME I PLAY I experience this at least once. I laboriously load my 14 tables and get everything running smoothly for awhile, and then it starts:
(connection is very good) turns to connection is good, poor, lost, internet delays 12 seconds, 14 seconds, etc., trying to reconnect, action keys become frozen on the few tables that are still functioning, etc. This is really a nightmare, but in no way do I consider it the fault of your program; nor do I visualize any way you could alter your program to deal with this. It is either the fault on the sites or my ISP (I have a chespo dial-up connection). I'd like to know if other prople are experiencing this and if there is any cure and if it would be just as bad or worse if we were running prima sites rather than party sites.

If you'd like some money, tell us where to send it--Thanks again for a great program. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]