View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Results

No hard feelings.
So, I folded-he flipped over 22. I was posting this hand to see if anybody would think it's reasonable to check-fold here. I think the big question is-what would somebody call a pretty big check-raise with on this board? A diamond draw seems unlikely because unless he thinks he can stack me when an obvious scare card comes, he's probably incorrect to call this check re-raise. For anybody out there who thinks that a "solid player" would call a check RE-raise with TPTK on a 5-high board, I would honestly question what you think solid poker play is. And for anybody who says I should just push all in, the philosophy of "well, you've charged the draw plenty so when it's possible the guy hits on you you might as well finish the deal" is a good way to lose a lot of money. I think the only pertinent question is, given that this guy was clearly on a draw of some sort, would a diamond draw put in a half-sized, pot-comitting bet with position on the turn? I thought that was unlikely enough that I could fold. Again, if you think a better line is called for, please explain it but I'm skeptical that getting all my chips in is the right answer here.

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I play bigger than that, depends on the table...but you make a good point, I shouldn't assume too much from one hand. On the other hand, it was obviously hyperbole, was making the same point you did (but without saying that he played the hand "horribly", which might actually be ruder...)

If it helps, I was pretty trashed when I posted it [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]