View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: How hard would you work to become Jesus

Although you might be technically correct that Jesus never directly said, "I am the Son of God" your other image of him is far from how I understand Him. He never talked about the things you mentioned - not really sure where you got that (perhaps, I am misunderstanding what you are saying).

Regardless, I know that isn’t your point anyway. The thing I am unclear of is when you say - you meet someone like Buddha or Jesus and he seems real - “... you found this person to be extremely convincing in every respect…”; but then you go on to say “Versus, the more likely chance that you are just wasting a heck of a lot of time?”

I take this to mean that the person you met is bogus rather than - that the person you met is the real deal and just that you can never achieve what they have. If they are bogus how can they be so convincing to you? If they are the real deal, then I don't see it as a waste of time, even if you fall short.

Or are you asking how can I know the real deal?

If so, I suggest you start with Bob Dylan's line: "Don't follow leaders". Besides that advice, I think Jesus is the real deal is all I can tell you ( I say, obviously contradicting myself.)