View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Party 1/2 beginner help

Hi Leehrat-

I'd like to echo the excellent advice you're getting here about multitabling: When you're learning a game you need to do 1 to 3 tables. I learned this the hard way by trying to learn 5/10 fourtabling, and now I think I suck so I can't even two table the game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, your fold SB to steal should prolly match your VPIP or be somewhat close to it. Fold BB to steal is probably fine anywhere between 50 and 70%. Your WTSD is low but mine is pretty low too ... anyone know the best way to raise this? More calling down with second button?

Your PFR should only be 6 or 7 points lower than your VPIP, so get it up to 16 at least. Easiest way to do this is bring up your steal attempts to 35 % at least ... don't go above 40 tho.

Standard disclaimer: Stats are stats and they are only indicators of larger problems. Post individual hands if you want to improve more.

Oh, and in your AK example ... if villain is an unknown it's a split between calling, folding and raising. It really depends on the player. But I'd guarantee this isn't where you're losing your money ... it's whether you're deciding to continuation bet QTs in position against 4 players on a 456 rainbow board.