View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Call this river with 88? Coming clean

Ok, I'll come clean on this hand now and let you know that I was the villain in this hand with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I had just played long enough to clear my 5 hours of bonus on Totalbet and this was my last orbit. It pisses me off when I whiff off an hours worth of bonus on one hand so I wanted to see if I was at least thinking clearly on the turn check/raise.

When the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hit the turn I figured it was a good time for a semi-bluff. Many people recommend betting out as the bluff but I think it's more realistic with the C/R. When the actual villain called the turn raise I figured he had a pair with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I could still fold him on the river if a non-heart hit.

I was shocked when he called and even more shocked when I saw what he had. I figure that less than 10% of the normal Crypto 1/2 players call down with that. Just my luck I ran into one of that 10%. On the bright side I did still make $100 plus the bonus money and to be honest it wasn't by limping in with 55. I should have just folded that preflop and went on my way.

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5d 5h (A Pair of Fives, Jack high)
Button has 8d 8c (A Pair of Eights, Jack high)
Button wins 11.88 BB.
</font>