View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: What got you started in other forms of poker?

I second the motions on "need to be different", get "bored easily" and "learned other games first". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I started in stud.. well, if you want to go to childhood, I started with Gin, but never really grasped the concept that I needed to remember the cards that were out (and no one told me to either.. great teachers I had.. not). So I never did well to begin with, and, therefore, never liked to play.

Felicia got me into poker after a brief stint in card counting at blackjack (we pretty much just broke even.. our "profit" was mostly from the freebies we got.. comp'ed meals and rooms).

We both started out playing 1-5 Stud at Sahara (fun times). I was the first to venture over to hold'em... but I think, in general, since we didn't start out playing hold'em, we knew that there were other games out there to begin with. (And we did all this before WPT, so that helped in a way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cool to hear how everyone else got started/interested [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]