View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: 30/60 canterbury vs worm33

I agree with all of what you say. But one can generally only comment on hands in a general sense i.e. what should be the default play?

There may be specific times when you know a particular play is correct. So, if here, worm is convinced that his medium pocket is no good, he can checkfold. But he has to make a mental note of that and take what he did into account the next time.

All I meant was that the default play for worm is not to fold 88 or Ak here. If it were to be his default play (and he never adjusted), BK would have a field day.

That then brings us to the original question: What hands will worm call with that BK beats? I still say "AK or medium pocket". Sure, he may not call on this particular occasion. But then again, he very well might and as a default play, he should because Bike might have AK.

BTW, why do you say that BK would no doubt raise AK on the flop? He capped prefop, yet worm bets out. I may want to get to showdown cheaply with AK if I were BK unless I could elicit reliable info from worm by raising him. But since worm is a very good player, I am not sure that I can count on him to give us reliable info by his reaction to our raise.

If BK would no doubt raise with Ak on this flp, he should be even more inclined to raise with JT on the 97x flop.