View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Turbos vs. regular SNGs (variance)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I believe that was what OP was asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I mean, I know that's what the OP was asking. That's what everyone is asking when they ask about variance. Trouble is they keep calling it variance, and that's only a part of it.

...then the math inclined get frustrated when nobody gets why variance is pretty constant.

Believe it or not, I am not actually that formally trained in math myself, so I don't know it the metric I describe has a technical name. If it doesn't I nominate 'fluctuation metric' or maybe 'swing metric'. Even 'relative variance' seems ok, as that is what we are really talking about - variance relative to average profit.

I am pretty sure it must already have a name

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough...

Though variance being a constant in reality then frees up the term for our purposes to mean what OP meant it to be. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] FWIW, I am not that interested in these things and only play to get better, have fun, and make money. However, in my first response to this thread I addressed the OP's question quite well for HIS purposes. I also felt like Nick M's response was right on as well...

Again, if we want to start calling it "swing", thats fine by me...