View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Do you guys have a \"time\" to start to steal?

I raise early, mostly because I really like to raise.

My tournmant PF raising can usually be summed up with a sine wave.

I start raising pretty liberally until I have to show down a "speculative hand" or start getting played back at, then I tighten up and stop raising unless I have the goods, or get moved, or go 3 orbits(ish) without getting involved.

Then, if I haven't been involved much I start ramping up the aggression again, OR, if I've shown down a nice hand or two I ramp up the aggression until I show down a clunker or start getting played back at again......rinse, repeat.

A good example of this was a tourney recently where I had the chip lead pretty well through out the tourney (and won a WSOP seat at the end).

I had to show down 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] after I had raised PF with it over a PR raiser and caller (it was early [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) and I turn a straight to bust a set of J's
Didn't have much trouble getting my AA and KK paid off when they came in the next two orbits, then ran over the table until I started getting played back at.

Good times.

Regards,
Woodguy