View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Do you guys have a \"time\" to start to steal?

I know a lot of people hate when posters use reading material like the Harrington On Hold'em series as a blueprint for their tournament play. I'm one of them, and I believe I would be a lost cause without them.

That being said Dan Harrington mentions in the middle of Book 1 that when the action is folded to him at a full table and he is sitting with a hand like KJ suited or A7 suited he likes to raise to "steal the blinds."

At what point do you guys start incorporating this information? To me with blinds at 10/20 or 15/30 it seems like a waste and a way to get into trouble.

Some of us here discuss "ABC" poker as the way to go in early rounds. Though I've always had an awkward job switching gears to start to steal when I'm in the cutoff or on the button.

For a regular PokerStars tournament with 1500 starting chips and blinds starting at 10/20 and increasing every 15 minutes is the 25/50 level a good time to start incorporating "the raise marginal face cards/ace,suited conncectors to take blinds" or do you guys believe action should be started right away or at a later level.

I've been very interested in this, sorry if this is below most of us.