View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- forums

I'm grunching everything that happened after the first 20 replies. So if I say something that was covered already on page 2 (or whatever page it is for you), oh well.

I have posted a few 15/30 hands on MH, but for the most part I just post here. I've skimmed through MH a bit as well, but I certainly can't say that I "know" any of the regular posters there. So take my 2 cents for what they're worth.

Anyway, if you ask me (and you did, indirectly), I think the problem lies with the regular posters on the MH forum. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to provide what insight I can to a question posted here concerning a 1/2 or even .50/1 hand. It's really no big deal--you preface your post with something like "this should be posted in the microlimit forum and it's been a while since I played at this limit, but...". Simple. I don't think that the answer to a few regular posters apparently feeling it is beneath them to type "standard" or "nice hand" in reply to a 15/30 hand is to create a whole new forum, and shuffle around the existing ones. Sorry, that's just how I feel.

As others have said, we get all kinds of posts on SS regarding all kinds of limits (and quite a few no-limits). Some people don't like this because they feel it clutters the board. I do like it, because I think it creates an open atmosphere which encourages people to bring up new topics. If a particular thread really does contain something worthy of a lengthy discussion, it generally gets it.

If it is decided to divide the limit forums even further, what I think you'll end up with is less meaningful discussion on each board, with the regular posters (in particular, those who feel the SS forum is now too cluttered) now having to skim through two forums instead of just 1. Even though I no longer play at 15/30, I enjoy reading the odd thread on here about a hand played at that limit (and being able to discuss it with familiar screennames). I've also seen some very good discussions develop out of 1/2 hands which were posted on SS.

However, if it makes those playing 100/200 happy, I can see redefining "small" and "mid-high" to better focus the traffic. If any new forum should be created, it should be a Nano format...something along the lines of:

Nano: play money - .10/.20
Micro: .25/.50 - 2/4
Small: 3/6 - 20/40
Mid/High: 30/60 & up

Keeping in mind that I've never played above 15/30, that's where it seems like the big dividing lines are drawn in terms of overall game play. At least on Party.