View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: KQ flops trips against laggy PF raiser

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted BB and UTG to stay in there. I was pretty sure they're were just calling because villain had been raising constantly and their turn folds seem to confirm that. Even if they had gutshot draws, is that so terrible? I don't mind someone putting in a big bet for a gut shot draw in a pot that I'm very likely to win.

Fact of the matter is I built a MUCH bigger pot playing it the way I did, than if I'd jammed the flop and turn. It was a small gamble, but is it really such a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving gutshots proper odds to call the flop isn't a good idea. You want them to make mistakes not play properly. Also you'd be amazed how many 1/2 players will peel this flop with some ugly hands or call down a 9 even if you do raise. Also if you get in the habit of not slowplaying and therefore raising alot of flops you'd be amazed how much they love to call you down.

The other thing is: How do you KNOW that not raising the flop and turn netted you a much bigger pot? One of those guys could easily have Kx and will give you plenty of action while forcing those gutshotters to pay too much to make their calls profitable.