View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Underfull faces a huge river bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ppl are going to say this is an instacall,but thaqts not true. its almost 100% gauranteed this guy is hoping for a call... ive never seen someone remotely sane play a hand like this and be bluffing. the quetion does he have trips or is he full? he could also have AA/maybeKK. id prob go ahead and pay this off here, but im not loving it and i def would not call fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could be bluffing with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I admit it is a stretch, but that's a hand a sane person could potentially take this line with which is a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]let me preface. when i raise w/ 22 and flop comes T42r and i only have 150 bets (less?), i am almost always going all in.
i honestly cant decide if i would actually lay down on the river in this actual hand, but i def think you must strongly consider it. check/call, check/call, overbet allin is what ppl do with quads. this guy prob had 44/TT. i think he played it awful, but good... noe there is some chance in hell we can get away from this hand since the pot is not that huge.
note that i did not say he couldnt check/call twice without a big hand... of course he could, duh. im saying 2x pot bet on the river from a weak player is the nuts or the perceived nuts almost 100% of the time.