View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Daily Hand Post : AJo in MP

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this hand is all that interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not if I included the suits on the flop. Way more people got this than I thought would, which is AWESOME. So many times when I'm discussing hands with people and they're talking me thru the action, a backdoor flush will come and I'll ask them which card on the flop was that suit, and they won't have the foggiest. That should really be the first thing you look for, as it can have a huge impact on your opponents' range of hands, as per this example. Learn to make looking for these things second nature and automatic. If that thought didn't occur to you relatively quicly, you probably need to start making a conscious effort during your sessions to look out for this in particular and think through more factors for opponent hand-reading in general. This hand shouldn't be interesting or difficult really, but I've noticed some people make it a lot more of a guessing game than it should be by not noticing these things.

As others have said, my standard play here would be to 3-bet if the Ace was a club, and call if the 6 was a club. Same goes with AA and JJ. Folding is out of the question, though I would consider mucking AK and AQ here depending on the stats of the opponent.

GoT