View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: quick little preflop buddy

[ QUOTE ]
this hand seems too good to fold but not good enough to raise against the field. am i wrong?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

call/raise/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise this if there was a good chance both blinds would fold and the limpers were fairly loose. Even with position, a weak offsuit ace does very poorly against a large and loose field. They're getting implied odds from you, so it's just one of those hands that has a lot of reverse implied odds against many opponents. If there were several really really bad players expected to be in the pot, and a good chance my ace wasn't dominated, and raising wouldn't fold the blinds, I would probably call, but against an average 1/2 field I think this is a fold unless the first condition seems possible, and then you obviously should raise. If this were a suited A8, it's an easy raise against weak limpers and blinds.